JJ marine fence booms are a fence-like barrier designed to deflect or contain oil and floating debris. The fence boom is constructed using square and flat sections allowing it to be stored in bags, cages or reels. This particular marine boom is better suited to calm or sheltered waters.
About Fence Booms
Fence Booms also known as Floating Barriers, Oil & Fuel Booms, Debris Booms they are floating booms designed to control and contain floating liquids, debris and in most cases a containment boom for spills on water and risk management.
Fence Booms are typically used to contain an oil or fuel spill but could also be used to collect other floating chemicals or debris. They are the first-aid for oil spills, they could well prevent an accident becoming a disaster. Typically a fence boom is affected by strong wind and should be used in sheltered waters only. Oil Fence Boom can be deployed from barges, boats, docks, trailers or a person wading. The primary advantages of our fence booms are storage, they can be stored in bags, cages, racks or reels & they are lightweight and can be deployed fast for spill cleanup. Widely used as an emergency response boom, fence booms can be deployed fast and efficiently.
The float chamber is the freeboard (section above water) and the skirt is weighted down with a chain ballast, this is the draft (section below water). It’s important to contain spills and debris so it has no impact on nearby aquatic systems and environment.
Fence Booms are available in Type 1, 2, 3 and Engineered Curtains with different Freeboard and Draft (see chart below) depending on the application. floatation and ballast are also dependant on the intended use of the Fence Boom.
Jay & Jay Fence Boom Features
- Easy to deploy
- Great for storage
- Manufactured to suit specific client’s project requirements
- Boom material to suit project requirements
- 20 years industry experience
- Made from high-quality materials
- Fence Boom design service available
- ASTM F962 Z-Connectors on our Type 2 Fence Boom
- HD ASTM F962 Z-Connectors on our Type 3 Fence Boom
- Extra anchor connection points if required
- Also available are: Anchors, Floating buoys, Shore Bridles, Tow Bridle, ASTM Toggle Pins
Project Site Considerations
- Environmental Compliance
- What’s the condition of the water? Is it tidal, high flows and winds?
- Type of anchor system? Look at what curtain profile is required?
- What impact will I have on marine animals?
Fence Boom Types
- Type 1 Fence Booms are designed to contain spills on waterways and risk management. Australian-made and cost-effective, they are suitable for use in calm sheltered and inland waters – lakes, rivers and estuaries.
- Type 2 Fence Booms are designed to contain spills on waterways and risk management. Australian-made and cost-effective, they are suitable for use in calm to moderate flows and tidal water – lakes, rivers, estuaries and harbors.
- Type 3 Fence Booms are designed to contain spills on waterways and risk management. Australian-made and cost-effective, they are suitable for use in moderate tidal water – lakes, rivers, harbors, open waters and ocean.
- Engineered Fence Boom to suit location and project specifications
Operation and Maintenance
- Fence Boom shall be inspected daily and repaired or realigned if necessary. Check all anchor points and connections
- Fence Booms shall not be removed until the water behind the is clear of all spilt liquids and or debris.
Common Applications for Fence Boom
- Spill Containment
- Deployment from boats/wharfs for quick response
- Marine constructions
- Mine Site
- Marine fuelling areas
Boom – fence
- Fence booms are an impervious, non-absorbent floating fence-like structure which contain oil spills on the water’s surface.
- Fence booms are compact, lightweight and ideal for emergency response in calm or sheltered waters such as harbours, rivers or ponds.